Thursday 18 August 2011

Aarti Chabria












Bollywood babe Aarti Chabria is on high these days and why not! The actress is the winner of adventurous reality show 'Khatron Ke Khiladi Torchaar Season 4'. Being part of a reality show for the first time, the happy Aarti expresses, "It's a mind blowing feeling with a great sense of achievement to win this show; especially after doing some really difficult and scary stunts.
I have always been competitive and a go-getter kind of a person and have never given up on anything. Hence, I confidently went for this show. Being an adventurous one, I simply did it for myself and thus I think I have proved myself with the winning of the show." So, ask her if it was really tough to perform the tasks in front of the macho man Akshay Kumar and she replies, "Oh yes, it was. He's an idol and also an inspiration for everybody with a great sense of humour. The kind of support he provided was just encouraging." Though her Bollywood career is not going great but winning this reality show has brought Aarti many television offers. Revealing she says, "Yes, it's just few days that I have won this show and my phone is ringing continuously. I have been flooded with loads of TV offers, whether as a host, as a judge or a participant. So, right now I am just looking at these offers and will take time to zero in on one. Moreover, I also want to focus on films as it's my passion which will not stop."

Actress Aarti Chabria gives a brief on her style mantra and things that make her what she is.
How would you describe your style sense?
I have three words — cool, casual and confident. I think the most essential aspect of anything that you wear is the attitude with which you carry it off. Being cool is all about comfort. Most of us are victims of fashion. We want to be hip, but we all forget that fashion has to be comfortable as well. Also, I feel that being under-dressed for an occasion is any day better than being over-dressed. A pair of jeans and any good shirt can do you wonders. Know what fits you and what style suits you and be confident enough to carry it off.
Who according to you makes a mark as a notable fashion designer?
I absolutely adore Manish Malhotra’s works. His sense of design is perfect. I am very fond of his choice in colour and also his intricate embroidery. Most of his designs are so perfect with their stitching that they fit me like a glove. Swapnil Shinde has also got me awestruck with his Western attire. His dresses and gowns are chic, classy and gorgeous enough to make anyone fall in love instantly. When it comes to Indian attire, I think Tarun Tahiliani tops the list. He has an innate sense of culture and tradition that shows in his beautiful designs.
Have you ever come across any challenges or obstacles in your career, in regard with fashion?
Many times before walking the ramp, chains have snapped and zips have broken, but every time such a thing happens, all you can do is literally hold yourself together and walk the ramp. At that time, the most essential thing is the show and the show must go on, no matter what. On one of my shows, it was raining heavily and so, it was muddy and murky everywhere. I was wearing a white outfit and unfortunately, I slipped and fell, ruining the outfit. It was at the beginning of my career, but thankfully, we had some options so I just changed into another outfit. The most important thing about obstacles is how you tackle them and what you learn from each experience.
What is the most important thing for you, when it comes to fashion?
Comfort is the most important component of fashion. Being comfortable makes you look good because it adds to your confidence. Also, I feel that footwear plays a big role when it comes to comfort. Heels are a dear favourite of mine as they exude a certain attitude. You stand taller, feel confident and look sophisticated and sexy too but I step carefully when I’m in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment